Ask Reader always looking for new contributors who got an idea that will challenge our readers and move our aim forward, with their unique insights and experiences.
But you don’t need to wait for an idea that will redefine the world. Just aim to bring readers a fresh view on a topic that’s keeping you up at night.
Who Can Contribute
You can! (Unless you are a spammer) Always remember Ask-reader blog readers come from all walks of life all around the world, we like to create clear, compelling content. Keep this in mind when writing your post, and you’ll create valuable content seen by some of the world’s most credible community of users.
What we publish
We want real-world stories, lessons learned, and actionable ideas to succeed in life or anything that shares something useful for everyone. On top of that, we want to drive engagement and vivid discussions around your piece.
What are the rules for contributer
- Posts must be 700 words or more in length.
- All submitted content must belong to you, be original, and not been published elsewhere in any form.
- Your post should contain an interesting or catchy title and be SEO-friendly.
- All posts must be focused on quality with the idea of adding value for our readers.
- The content may be based on research, facts, or experience.
- The content must cover the topic in detail, as we do not accept incomplete content.
- The content must be relevant to the subject matter of our site.
- When quoting others, you must cite the source.
- We reserve the right to add affiliate links or advertising in or around a guest post.
- We do not accept posts that include links to low-value websites or blogs.
- We do not accept posts containing affiliate links.
How to submit content
Email us your submission. We prefer submissions as Google documents so that editors can easily provide feedback and guidance directly within your draft.
We’ll respond only if interested
Due to the volume of pitches we now receive, we’re unable to reply to all the pitches that aren’t a fit for this community. If you don’t get a response back from us, you might want to re-read this page and work harder on your idea. For instance, I’d say well over half the contribution requests we get have obvious grammar errors or are on a subject that we don’t cover on this website. Don’t be that writer.
Why might an article get rejected?
It is too short and not comprehensive enough.
- It does not contain actionable and helpful information for a small business owner.
- It has been published elsewhere online.
- It contains infographics from third parties or other images and videos.
- It is a “roundup,” meaning it endorses a list of things.
- It contains interviews or quotes from third parties, not your point of view.
- It is poorly written and contains a lot of grammatical and spelling errors.
- It is overly promotional for a specific company or product.
How long does it take for my articles to be published?
From the time of content submission, it may take up to a week for the content to be accepted. It may take up to a week from then to appear on the website. The editorial team aims to be as fast as possible, but due to the high volume of content submissions, it can take time. If you feel your article is taking longer than that, feel free to reach out to the firstname.lastname@example.org account and we will review it.
Guest Article Distribution
Once your article is live, we will share it in our social media profiles and include it into digests.
Here are some ideas on how you can promote your article, so it gets lots of traction.
- Share it in your personal social media pages
- Share it in brand social media pages
- Include it in your newsletter
- Link it to other articles you write
- Share it within the community of fellow experts
All of that will help drive traffic and engagement towards your article.