Who we are
Ask Reader is committed to protecting your privacy and committed to developing technology that gives you the most powerful and secure online experience
Data Protection Principles
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of the data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data we gather
During either a Sign in/ Sign up or the Checkout process, the types of personal information you provide to us may include but are not limited to, name, address, phone, fax, email address, Identity number, license number, date of birth, username, and password, billing information, transaction, and credit card information.
Cookies: If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
How we use your Personal Data
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To make the website more comfortable for you to use by not making you enter your personal information more than once.
- To deliver points to earn badges that you request or purchase.
- To help us create and publish content most appropriate to you.
- To alert you of special proposals, updated information, and other new services provided by AskReader.
- To provide feedback in an online survey.
- To participate in promotional offers.
- To request assistance or fill out support requests.
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and with your consent.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We never sell or rent your personal information. We do not share your Data with strangers. The Ask Reader may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law (for example, a subpoena) or regulation, or in good faith to (a) comply with legal processes served on the site, or (b) protect the rights and property of Provider, or (c) where our records indicate fraudulent activity or other deceptive practices that a governmental agency should be made aware of, or (d) where your communication suggests possible harm to others.
Ask Reader will not share your information with third parties without your permission, other than what is mentioned in this Privacy Notice.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymizing and pseudonymizing where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. Stored data is encrypted when possible
We strictly protect the security of your personal information. We carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unlawful access or disclosure, modification, or destruction. Your personal information is never shared outside the website without your permission, except as stated herein.
What rights you have over your data
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained, and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
How long we retain your data
We do not hold your personal information for longer than is necessary; when we no longer have any use for your data, your data is deleted.
User accounts, email addresses on our email lists and related necessary information (First name, Last name, Email address, etc.) can be deleted upon request, under the understanding that this may affect the quality of future service received, experience of our sites, products and services, and ability for you to correctly access or otherwise receive our sites, products and services.
Deletion of personal information as above in no way absolves you of any prior agreements or commitments with our sites, products, and services – For example, payment plans into which you may have entered with us.
Ask Reader may contain links to other websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Reach out to us for your queries
Ask Reader’s value your thoughts and queries. If you have questions, suggestions, or a complaint about compliance with this privacy notice you may contact us.